Pulse2 quick install guide.
In order to install Pulse2 and it’s plugins you first need to install and configure MMC.
The following tools are needed in order for Pulse2 to install and run properly:
- mmc-core framework
- python >= 2.5, with the following modules: * sqlalchemy * mysqldb
- OpenSSH client
- iputils (ping)
- perl, with the following modules: * syslog
- NFS server (for imaging)
- 7z (for win32 client generation)
- NSIS (for building win32 agent pack, can be disabled)
Furthermore, the following services must be accessible, either on the local machine or through the network:
- DHCP server (for imaging purpose)
If you build Pulse2 from scm repository, you will also need the following tools (not needed if you use the .tar.gz archive):
- docbook xsl
The MMC web interface is written in PHP4. Basically, you just need to install an Apache 2 server with PHP5 support. The XML-RPC module of PHP is needed too.
Packages naming conventions¶
Here are the packages naming conventions:
- pulse2-SERVER: the Pulse2 servers
- python-mmc-PLUGIN: MMC agent plugin
- mmc-web-PLUGIN: web interface plugin
Where PLUGIN can be one of dyngroup, glpi, imaging, inventory, msc, pkgs and pulse2.
Where SERVER can be one of common, imaging-server, inventory-server, launcher, package-server and scheduler.