The Mandriva Directory Server (MDS) provides different modules running on top of the Mandriva Management Console.
MDS is composed of the following plugins:
- samba: The « samba » plugin allows the MMC to add/remove SAMBA attributes to users and groups, to manage SAMBA share, etc.
- network: The « network » plugin allows the MMC Python API to manage DNS zones and hosts, DHCP subnet and hosts, into a LDAP. Patched version of ISC BIND (with LDAP sdb backend) and ISC DHCP (with LDAP configuration file backend) are needed. PowerDNS support is also available.
- mail: The « mail » plugin allows the MMC to add/remove mail delivery management attributes to users and groups, and mail virtual domains, mail aliases, etc. Zarafa support is also available.
- sshlpk: The « sshlpk » plugin allows the MMC to manage lists of SSH public keys on users.
- userquota: The « userquota » plugin allows the MMC to set filesystem quotas to users. The plugin provides LDAP attributes for storing quota information. The plugin allows also to store network quotas in the LDAP directory for external tools.
- shorewall: The « shorewall » plugin provides an interface to configure shorewall rules and policies from the MMC. Shorewall is wrapper around iptables .
Before installing MDS plugins, you have to install the Mandriva Management Console (see Installation).